Baked apple walnut bread just in time for fall – my first fully original recipe!! It’s the guiltiest tasting guilt-free thing I’ve ever made. Give it a try!
* 2 cups blanched almond flour (doesn’t get better than Bob’s Red Mill version)
* 2 tablespoons of baking powder
* 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
* ½ teaspoon of salt (I always use Himalayan pink salt)
* 2 eggs (organic, free range always best if possible)
* 4 teaspoons of room temp coconut oil (I use Spiral Organic for baking)
* 1/3 cup of unsweetened applesauce
* ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
* ¼ cup of honey
* a few thin slices of apple (for topping)
* handful of raw walnuts (for topping)
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and put aside (almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt). In a mixer (preferably), beat the eggs for 5 minutes until super airy and bubbly. While still mixing, add in the coconut oil, applesauce and vanilla and mix for another 2 or 3 minutes. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, add in the honey and stir with a fork until incorporated.
Add a piece of parchment paper to a loaf pan length wise (pan should be 6-7 inches long). The parchment helps you pull the bread out of the pan when finished. Pour the batter into the pan and add sliced apples and walnuts to the top of the batter. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for approx 35 minutes (until a knife comes out clean).
Let me know what you think if you try it!