Coffee meets muffin. Made these super easy no sugar peanut butter and banana mini muffins in under 30 mins this morning. Inspired by paleOMG’s blueberry muffin recipe, but I switched it up a bit. I used crunchy peanut butter for a little crunch and added a mashed banana to the mix before baking. I also topped each muffin with a super thin banana slice before baking. With a side of coffee and strawberry jam (no refined sugar), these are my jam!
* 1 cup peanut or almond butter (I used crunchy all natural unsalted TJ’s almond butter)
* 1 cup of almond meal/flour (Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour is awesome and less gritty than the regular almond flour)
* 3 eggs whisked
* 1/2 cup raw honey
* 1/3 cup room temp coconut oil (I used Spiral Organic for baking)
* 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I skipped this and didn’t miss it)
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
* pinch of cinnamon
* 1 ripe banana mashed for mix
* 1 ripe banana sliced for tops of muffins
Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls and then combine. Juli from paleOMG doesn’t do this but i find it helps a lot! Add the mashed banana to the mix just until incorporated.
I’m not a fan of muffin papers, so I don’t use them. I sprayed my mini muffin tin with coconut spray from TJ’s which is a godsend (no calories which I think has to be a mistake)! Fill each cup to just below the brim and add a thin slice of banana to each muffin. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Once they are done and have cooled for a few minutes, I run a butter knife around the edge of each to loosen them up, and they should pop right out. They are delish!