Lunch today was AMAZING applesauce pulled pork from @gimmesomeoven atop super filling and almost too healthy zucchini ramen “zoodles” with a side of avocado sauce. There is a full zucchini in this photo! Super simple, give it a try!
* 3-4 lb Pork Loin (I always use the fresh pork loin from TJ’s)
* 1 white onion sliced
* 1 cup of unsweetened all natural applesauce (the recipe calls for apple cider if you prefer)
* 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup of raw honey (the recipe calls for brown sugar, but honey works just as great without the refined sugar!)
* 2 teaspoons of salt (I used Pink Himalayan salt)
* 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon of pepper (I left this out because I’m not a pepper fan)
* 1 bay leaf (I left this out because I’m a bad Italian and don’t like bay leaf)
Chop the raw pork into 4 pieces and lay on top of half of the sliced onion in the crock pot. Place the rest of the onions on top of the pork. In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients and then pour on top of the onion and pork. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until the pork easily shreds with two forks.
The only thing you need is a whole raw zucchini and the incredible amazing VEGETTI. This thing spiralizes zucchini, carrots, beats, etc in under 5 mins. It’s only $15. Get one. Spiralize your zoodles and heat up for 5 mins on medium heat in a little olive oil and salt, and they are ready to eat. I would only cook them for a few minutes because they are tastier when they are not overcooked.
In the food processor – half an avocado, 1 tablespoons of olive oil, a dash of salt, 2 slices of tomato. Blend until creamy!