The perfect mix of fudgey, chocolatey, crunchy, guilt free goodness. This recipe came from @thebarefoothousewife and are big huge crowd pleasers! I changed a few things in the recipe:
* 1 cup of medjool dates (approx 6-8)
* 1/2 cup raw almonds
* 1/2 cup activated buckwheat (I subbed with 1/4 cup almond flour + 1/4 cup ground flax)
* 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
* 1 cup of washed and drained cashews that have been soaked overnight
* 1 very ripe banana
* 3 medjool dates
* 3 tablespoons room temp or liquid coconut oil
* 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used crunch all natural almond butter)
* 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
* pinch of salt (I used Himilayan pink salt)
Pulse the crust ingredients for a few minutes until everything starts sticking together. Coat a few tart tins with a tiny bit of coconut oil. Press the crust into the tins (about a half inch crust for each) and place into the freezer while making the filling.
Pulse the filling ingredients on high until smooth and creamy. Pour into the tart tins and place back in the freezer until firm.
I didn’t have tart tins, so I used mini ramekins which work if you let them sit in the refrigerator for a bit before serving because mine got stuck in the ramekins straight out of the freezer.
Original recipe can be found here: http://www.thebarefoothousewife.com.au/choc-nana-peanut-raw-vegan-tarts