Made this bread for my favorite lil nephew Lennon! He’s 9 months and loved it. It would also work as kid snacks by filling mini muffin tins halfway with mix, perfect size for kids!
* 3/4 cup peanut or almond butter (I used crunchy all natural unsalted TJ’s almond butter)
* 1 cup of almond meal/flour – best if sifted first but will work great either way (Bob’s Red Mill blanched almond flour is awesome and less gritty than the regular almond flour)
* 3 eggs whisked
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/3 cup room temp coconut oil
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
* pinch of cinnamon
* 1 ripe banana mashed for mix
* 1 ripe banana sliced for tops of muffins
Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls and then combine.
Pour mix into muffin tins or a bread pan and top with thin slices of banana and a pinch more cinnamon. For bread, I always line the pan with parchment paper first to make it easy to take out of the pan when done. For muffins, I coat the pan with a bit of coconut oil spray instead of using muffin papers. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes (for muffins) or 20-30 minutes (for bread). Run a butter knife around the edge of the pan when done to help loosen up the bread, and it will pop right out. These are great with butter, jam or both! I keep in the fridge to help it stay fresher longer.