Get ready for the best brownies you’ve had in a while, and pretty healthy for you too!
This brownie recipe is from Eat Drink Paleo, passed on from Canadian Karen. 🙂 The best part, they are made from sweet potatoes!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
Fully melt the coconut oil. It has a very low melting point, so it just takes 10 seconds in the microwave. Add the cacao, vanilla and honey and mix well. Put into the fridge to set while the brownies are baking.
- 1 medium sweet potato – 2-3 cups grated
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup honey (I cut down to 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ tablespoon coconut flour (I cut down to 1 tablespoon for extra moistness)
- pinch of salt (I used Himalayan pink salt)
- 1/4 cup pecans (optional)
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour mix into a parchment paper lined brownie pan. Bake in a 365 degree preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. I fully cool the brownies, or if you’re in a rush, put the brownies in the refrigerator to cool before adding the chocolate ganache. The chocolate is very easily melted, so it helps if the brownies are not warm if you want them to hold. Enjoy!
Photo as always, by http://www.kyleespeletaphotography.com