I used a silicone mini muffin pan for these. No cupcake papers needed, just spray the pan quickly with coconut oil spray and they’ll pop right out!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 2/3 cup blanched almond flour (blend in the food processor to make it extra fine!)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I always use pink Himilayan salt)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup butter (I use vegan Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (fully emulsified in food processor)
- 3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla by Califia)
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
Mix the wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Make sure the almond flour is as fine as possible (sifting helps a ton!) and that the raspberries are fully emulsified. Combine and mix until incorporated.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until cupcakes are FULLY cooked. It’s very easy to under cook or over cook these. They should be slightly crispy on the outside. Even if a knife or toothpick comes out clean, they could still be under cooked. They should be a little crispy on the outside. Take a bite of one and put back in the oven if needed. 🙂
- 1 cup of vegan cacao chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (must be canned, full fat only)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Fresh raspberries to top the cupcakes with
Bring a saucepan with about 2 inches of water to a boil. Place a large flat glass bowl over the saucepan (the bowl should sit on TOP of the saucepan, not touching the boiling water). Add the chocolate chips and stir until they start to melt. Add in the milk and vanilla and continue mixing until it becomes a melty chocolatey bowl of awesome.
I put the bowl of chocolate into the fridge to slightly cool. Once it’s firmed up a bit, spread onto the cupcakes and top with a raspberry!
Keep the cupcakes in the fridge and don’t leave them outside (the chocolate melts easily!!).