These are completely homemade, refined sugar free, raw, vegan and paleo!
STRAWBERRY CREAM FILLING:
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (can be found in the peanut butter aisle at any health food store)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (the creamy spun kind)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (room temperature, not liquid)
- 3 soft pitted dates
- 3 strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder (ground vanilla bean – also found at any health food store)
Blitz all ingredients in a food processor until the strawberries are completely broken down. You may need to scrape down the sides of your food processor to makes sure all ingredients are incorporated. Store in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes – the longer they are refrigerated, the easier to handle.
- 1/2 cup vegan/refined sugar free chocolate cacao chips (the higher the percentage of cacao, the better)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, or in a stovetop double broiler. Once melted, add in the honey and stir until incorporated.
(If you are following a fully raw diet – you can also mix 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil with 2 tablespoons of cacao powder and 2 tablespoons of honey and stir)
Fill a candy/silicone mold with the chocolate mixture (only fill each HALFWAY).
Take the strawberry cream mixture out of the refrigerator, roll dime sized amounts into balls. Drop a ball into each half-filled mold. Continue filling each mold with chocolate until level with the top of the mold. Refrigerate for approx 2 hours or until solidified.
Drizzle with chocolate and refrigerate again until hardened – this step is optional.