Super easy, gluten free, dairy free and organic! This makes about 6 servings. I used a recipe from one of my favorite bloggers DamnDelicious and changed it up a bit. If you make it, send me a photo!
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and black pepper, to taste (I used Himalayan pink sea salt)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek Chili Paste (add more for more spice)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, diced or grated
- 2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 (14-ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk (full fat)
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
Melt butter in a pan and add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes. SET ASIDE. (If you’re in a hurry – you can also use frozen shrimp, but only heat for 1 minute so the shrimp don’t get overcooked. I’ve possibly once or twice rinsed the frozen shrimp with warm water if I don’t have time to thaw it beforehand!).
In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat (I used my Le Creuset dutch oven) add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Whisk in curry paste and chili paste until well combined, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in coconut milk and vegetable stock, and cook until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 8-10 minutes.
Stir in rice, shrimp, lime juice, chives and more salt to taste. Serve immediately.
As always, photo taken by http://www.kyleespeletaphotography.com