Apple “Persinnamon” Holiday Sangria…my favorite thing to bring to holiday parties, and takes 10 minutes to make.
- 2 bottles of dry red wine (I like a good quality French pinot noir)
- 1 bottle of sparkling apple cider
- 1 cup of club soda or sparkling water
- 1 apple sliced
- 1 persimmon sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 1/4 cup of whole cranberries
- 1 cup of whole cherries (stems and pits removed)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
Pour the wine, cider and club soda into a large pitcher. Crush the cranberries and cherries with your hands and add to the pitcher. Then add the cinnamon sticks and sliced fruit (you want to keep the rind on the fruit – don’t peel).
Best when made the night before serving, so the wine can soak up all the juices!
Photo as always by http://www.kyleespeletaphotography.com